Recipe by Richard-NYC
A savory red and green cheesecake perfect for a holiday buffet.
Top Review by yooper
I made this for our Christmas Eve get together. Fantastic recipe Richard. I couldn't find the pignoli nuts (or pine nuts) here so I just baked it plain. The green from the pesto and the red from the sun-dried tomatoes made this the perfect dish for the season! I love pesto, but my sister hates it...however, she went ape for this! The texture was very creamy and the flavors complemented each other nicely. I had a two hour road trip, and this was easy to transport, an added bonus! Thanks Rich...this will be a new Christmas Eve tradition with me!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (homemade or prepared)
- 1⁄4 pignolis (pine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter spring form pan, coat with breadcrumbs--set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, ricotta and Romano cheese with electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Seperate batter in half--add pesto to one half and sundried tomatoes to the other half.
- Layer in spring pan.
- Sprinkle pignoli nuts on top Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cover and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnite.
- Slide knife around edge of pan and remove to serve.