Recipe by Gaelige Coinnaigh
This savory cheesecake with fill you up quickly! Good as a cocktail munchie for dinner parties...
Top Review by waynejohn1234
This is quite good as it stands but find that it is improved by adding 1/2 cup of pesto. Now of course this is my personal taste. Excellent for brunch or light supper with a salad and also good served with ham.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- For Pesto: Use ½ cup commercial or homemade pesto sauce.
- For Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rub butter over bottom and sides of 9-inch spring form pan. Mix breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons Parmesan and coat pan with the crumb mixture.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, ricotta, Parmesan, salt and cayenne in a large bowl until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Transfer half of mixture to medium bowl.
- Mix pesto into remaining half. Pour pesto mixture into prepared pan; smooth top. Carefully spoon plain mixture over; gently smooth top.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pine nuts and bake until center no longer moves when pan is shaken, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.