Recipe by Mom2Rose
Here's a great way to use leftover cooked chicken: just bundle it up in a pesto-cheesy filling for sandwiches.
Top Review by mummamills
This was very tasty, and easy to make, except I cant get Pillsbury rolls in Oz, so I had to make my own. I kept tasting the filling, and loving it, but once I added the breadcrumbs, it went very dry. I will make this again, but leave out the breadcrumbs. Made for Aussie swap sept 2011.
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1⁄3 cup light cream cheese with roasted garlic
- 1⁄4 cup purchased pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos or 1 tablespoon hot pepper jelly
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Cut each rectangle in half crosswise to make 8 pieces; press each to form 4-inch square.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, pesto, jelly and 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs; mix well.
- Stir in chicken and cheese.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each square.
- Bring 4 corners of each square up over filling; twist firmly to seal.
- Brush top and bottom of each bundle with water; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 14 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown: serve warm.