Source: Better Homes & Garden website. This recipe is out of this world!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded romano cheese
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Fontina cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded swiss cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded romano cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- vegetables, for dipping (optional)
- bread, for dipping (optional)
- 1Place basil leaves, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, and garlic in a food processor bowl or blender container.
- 2Cover, and process or blend until paste begins to form, stopping the machine several times to scrape the sides.
- 3With machine running slowly, gradually add olive oil, and blend or process until consistency of soft butter.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cover and chill 1/4 cup of the pesto for another use, such as to toss with pasta or spread over garlic toast.
- 6Bring shredded cheeses to room temperature; toss with the 3 tablespoons flour; set aside.
- 7Heat wine in a large saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles rise to the surface.
- 8Just before the wine boils, reduce heat to low and stir in cheese mixture a little at a time, stirring constantly and making sure the cheese melts before adding more.
- 9Cook and stir until mixture bubbles gently.
- 10Transfer mixture to fondue pot.
- 11Spoon 3/4 cup of the pesto in spiral pattern on top of cheese mixture; gently cut through cheese to marble.
- 12Keep mixture bubbling gently over a fondue burner.
- 13Serve with bread and vegetables for dipping.
- 14Makes 2 cups (16 servings).
- 15Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare basil mixture; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 189.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g