Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this by doing a web search. Definitely not my own. I always add some sliced onions and top with parmesan chicken.
- 340.19 g cavatappi noodles
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml cream
- 198.44 g pesto sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on packaging.
- While pasta is cooking, saute the tomatoes and mushrooms in about a tablespoon of EVOO.
- When the pasta is almost done, add the wine to the tomatoes and mushrooms and reduce for 2 minutes. Then add the cream to the tomatoes and mushrooms and reduce for another 1-2 minutes. Add the pesto and stir well.
- Drain pasta and add to the pesto mixture. Stir very well and let sit a minute to soak up the pesto.
- Plate and top with shredded parmesan cheese!
My family loves this! I double the recipe and add shrimp. Yum!!
Cut this down for two of us and we totally enjoyed this dish! I did use homemade pesto that I had in the freezer from my fresh basil I had this year and this is a great recipe to use it in. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Thank you for posting.
Loved it! I sauted chucks of chicken breasts before adding the tomatoes & mushrooms. I think a touch of garlic would be good. This is going into my Permanent Addition cookbook.