Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy, healthy Italian meal!
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped and deseeded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato bruschetta topping (pre-made)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- While pasta cooks, combine olive oil, pine nuts, and diced garlic in a small frying pan; heat on medium heat about 5 minutes, watching carefully to avoid garlic burning.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the olive oil mixture.
- Blend the tomatoes, basil leaves, and parmesan cheese in a blender until fine.
- Toss the tomato mixture and the bruschetta topping with the pasta mixture and refrigerate.