Recipe by Cheryl Cummins
This is a very easy, elegant and delicious appetizer!! You have to try it!
Top Review by shadowgirl...
Love this recipe. The only thing I do slightly different is I use camembert (in place of brie-stays soft better) and I make gentle slits on the top before heating and put a bit of pesto on it so the flavors get through the whole round of cheese. Then I add a bit more at serving. Also try taking small pieces of cheese & the pesto sauce & stuff a mushroom & bake. Ooolahlah...
- 1 large brie cheese, round
- 1 package of prepared pesto sauce
- 1 jar pine nuts
- plum tomato
- coacktail bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat brie at about 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until just soft to the touch.
- At the same time, heat the pine nuts.
- They are always best toasted just a little.
- Set the brie on a platter.
- Cover it with pesto.
- I don't use the whole package, sot hat more can be added later.
- Cover this with the pine nuts.
- I usually hold a few of these back as well.
- Slice the plum tomatoes and put them around the outside of tray.
- Put the cocktail bread around the outside of this.