Pesto Beef Sandwich-in-the-Round
- Cut bread loaf horizontally in half; remove center of bread, leaving 1-inch thick shell.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto sauce and lemon juice; spread mixture on cut surfaces of both halves.
- Layer roast beef, roasted peppers, salad greens and cheese on bottom half.
- Season with pepper, if desired; close with top bread loaf half.
- Cut into 6 wedges.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1/6 of recipe). Tip: A good French or Italian bread, crusty outside but soft inside, works best. If not available, sandwich may be made with t wo 6- to 8-inch round loaves or one long Italian bread loaf.