5 hrs 20 mins
This is an adaptation of my Artichoke Chicken with Rice recipe (#183814). The pesto saves time on mixing up seasonings, and lends a wonderfully rich flavor to the rice. PLEASE NOTE: Due to comments on this and my similar recipe I've noted that you need to use converted or brown rice for this to turn out right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rice in crockpot and add the broth.
- 2Rinse chicken and pat dry; cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3Place chicken on rice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Add artichoke hearts.
- 5Pour pesto over chicken and artichokes, then spoon cream of chicken soup over the top.
- 6Cover and cook for 4 - 6 hours. Check rice and stir about an hour before cooking is complete to avoid "mushy" rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto Artichoke Chicken over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 631.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 31.2 g