Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from a NZ magazine called Taste and is really easy to do and looks impressive.
Make and share this Pesto and Potato Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Simmer sliced potatoes for 3 minutes,drain,set aside.
- Spread pasrty base with pesto.
- Sprinkle with parmesan - as much or as little as you like.
- Lay sliced potatoes over top of cheese.
- season with salt and ground pepper.
- Glaze pastry borders with beaten egg.
- Bake 35-40 minutes till pastry is golden and crisp and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with basil.
FANTASTIC as can be! GUESS who even LOVED it? HUBBY! Reason I say that is he doesn't usually like pesto and definately not parmesan...said to "Why don't you try it love, won't do any harm!" LOVED what he tasted, asked for me! Almost passed out from surprise on the floor! LOL! Used 3 tablespoons pesto, 1 tablespoon cheese, Rolling pastry edges was nervous about, but they did so with ease! Only suggestion for future people who try, true! Make sure when roll sides, push down a little and secure too! Otherwise than that Taste is a GREAT magazine! To be a pastry chef or chef of ANY kind is always my dream! THANKS!
This was fantastic! I served it with a salad for lunch. Everyone loved it and thought I'd had to work hard to get it looking so beautiful. But it was so easy. This is made with things I always have on hand and will be something I can very easily throw together when I need to feed unexpected guests.