Recipe by katew
This is from a NZ magazine called Taste and is really easy to do and looks impressive.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
FANTASTIC as can be! GUESS who even LOVED it? HUBBY! Reason I say that is he doesn't usually like pesto and definately not parmesan...said to "Why don't you try it love, won't do any harm!" LOVED what he tasted, asked for me! Almost passed out from surprise on the floor! LOL! Used 3 tablespoons pesto, 1 tablespoon cheese, Rolling pastry edges was nervous about, but they did so with ease! Only suggestion for future people who try, true! Make sure when roll sides, push down a little and secure too! Otherwise than that Taste is a GREAT magazine! To be a pastry chef or chef of ANY kind is always my dream! THANKS!
- 1 shortcrust pastry, - 1 sheet ready rolled with edges folded in to make a border
- 3 -4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- 400 g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- shredded basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Simmer sliced potatoes for 3 minutes,drain,set aside.
- Spread pasrty base with pesto.
- Sprinkle with parmesan - as much or as little as you like.
- Lay sliced potatoes over top of cheese.
- season with salt and ground pepper.
- Glaze pastry borders with beaten egg.
- Bake 35-40 minutes till pastry is golden and crisp and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with basil.