Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
For Pesto lovers!
FOR THE LASAGNA
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 7 ounces basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup light cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until tender. Add spinach and stir. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto and pine nuts.
- In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- In a 3 quart greased baking dish, layer the noodles then the spinach mixture, followed by the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Repeat the layers ending with noodles on top.
- Make the alfredo sauce: In a medium saucepan combine cream, butter, and grated Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium low heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce over the top of the lasagna and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes.