Pesto and Pine Nut Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until tender. Add spinach and stir. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto and pine nuts.
- In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and nutmeg.
- In a 3 quart greased baking dish, layer the noodles then the spinach mixture, followed by the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Repeat the layers ending with noodles on top.
- Make the alfredo sauce: In a medium saucepan combine cream, butter, and grated Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium low heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce over the top of the lasagna and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes.