Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This potato casserole looks ordinary from the top but it's anything but ordinary when you tuck into it -- lots of hidden surprises!
- 750 g potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (or 200 C).
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, drain, splash with cold water and drain again.
- Remove the skins and slice thinly.
- Grease a two-litre casserole dish with a little of the olive oil and spread out one third of the potatoes on the bottom.
- Smear half the pesto over the potatoes, along with half of the mozzarella, capers and anchovies.
- Season with salt and pepper, add another layer of potatoes, followed by the rest of the seasonings.
- Top with the final slices of potato.
- Sprinkle over 3 tablespoons of water and then drizzle over the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and crusty on top.
I left out the anchovies, but these potatoes were still excellent. Loved the combination of flavors. Thank you for sharing.