Recipe by Lainey39
This is easy to make, freezes well and adds a nice kick to almost any savory dish. Recipe is from Rachael Ray. You can mix this pesto with sour cream for a dip. Brush it onto grilled meats. Spread onto pizza crust. Beat into eggs before cooking. Or stir into vegetable soups.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, finely chop the basil and garlic.
- Add the parmesan and pine nuts and pulse into a coarse paste.
- With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil until incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.