Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
True -- this pesto contains some "unclassical" ingredients. But the butter and cream -- and the preliminary saute -- result in a smoother, mellower sauce. This quantity will dress 2 pounds fettucine. Try it on tortellini as well.
- 236.59 ml parsley, chopped, firmly packed
- 236.59 ml fresh basil, chopped, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml cream
- 113.39 g butter, softened
- 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 118.29 ml pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 29.58 ml water, boiling (from the pasta pot)
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Grind the parsley, basil, olive oil, cream, butter, garlic, salt and pepper, and pine nuts in a food processor or by hand, until a smooth sauce is formed (can be refrigerated or frozen at this point).
- Pour into a small saucepan, add the water, and gently saute for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off the heat and add the cheese.
- Toss it with your pasta. Buon appetito!