True -- this pesto contains some "unclassical" ingredients. But the butter and cream -- and the preliminary saute -- result in a smoother, mellower sauce. This quantity will dress 2 pounds fettucine. Try it on tortellini as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml parsley, chopped, firmly packed
- 236.59 ml fresh basil, chopped, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml cream
- 113.39 g butter, softened
- 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4.92 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 118.29 ml pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 29.58 ml water, boiling (from the pasta pot)
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Grind the parsley, basil, olive oil, cream, butter, garlic, salt and pepper, and pine nuts in a food processor or by hand, until a smooth sauce is formed (can be refrigerated or frozen at this point).
- 2Pour into a small saucepan, add the water, and gently saute for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off the heat and add the cheese.
- 3Toss it with your pasta. Buon appetito!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.1
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 574.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g