Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
True -- this pesto contains some "unclassical" ingredients. But the butter and cream -- and the preliminary saute -- result in a smoother, mellower sauce. This quantity will dress 2 pounds fettucine. Try it on tortellini as well.
- 1 cup parsley, chopped, firmly packed
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons water, boiling (from the pasta pot)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Grind the parsley, basil, olive oil, cream, butter, garlic, salt and pepper, and pine nuts in a food processor or by hand, until a smooth sauce is formed (can be refrigerated or frozen at this point).
- Pour into a small saucepan, add the water, and gently saute for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off the heat and add the cheese.
- Toss it with your pasta. Buon appetito!