Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
forgiving recipe for pesto using any sort of nuts or herbs, can substitute wine for some of olive oil or add to taste/consistency.
- 1 bunch fresh basil (~3 C loosely packed, or as much as you have)
- 3 garlic cloves (more to taste...)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (more or less to taste or what you have on hand. can substitute walnuts or almonds)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (can use more or less & or or use some white wine)
- finely dice basil leaves with a sharp knife or dice using food processor.
- crush nuts either with knife or food processor.
- repeat w/garlic and combine all ingredients.
- pour some olive oil over the top and mix well.
I pretty much eyeballed the ingredients, using basil from the garden. I loved it and used it in a sandwich with grilled eggplant, roasted peppers, and roasted tomatoes, with some Swiss cheese. Thanks!