1/1 Photo of Peshawari Naan Bread (Bread Machine)
2 hrs 10 mins
Old Baker's Note:
A traditional Indian bread from Peshawar. I have used ingredients easily available in UK, together with British measurements.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all ingredients (except the sultanas) to your bread machine in the order your machine recommends. If your machine recommends pre-heated liquids, just heat the skimmed milk till it's lukewarm.
- 2Start your machine on the dough setting.
- 310-15 minutes before your machine stops mixing and starts proving, (some machines beep at this point) add the sultanas.
- 4Preheat your oven to 250C and have 3 shelves in it.
- 5Grease 3 flat oven trays.
- 6When the bread machine has finished, tip out the dough onto a floured board.
- 7Tear off a chunk of dough about 1 sixth of the total size and flatten out with the hands to a pear shape about half the size of your tray. Do not use a roller as the bread probably won't rise. Repeat till you have 6 naans on your trays.
- 8Bake in the oven for about 7 minutes, or until the bread just begins to colour.
- 9The bread can be frozen in bags for later use.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peshawari Naan Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 486.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bread machine quick-acting active dry yeast