1/1 Photo of Pesce Spada in Padella Alla Senape
Baby Kato's Note:
This is pan-fried swordfish with a stoneground mustard sauce. We usually bbq our swordfish. My dh prefers his fish plain with just salt and pepper so when I can get him to eat them a different way, its a happy day for me. This is a lovely alternative that even my picky dh will eat. Another treat from Umberto Menghi's Seafood Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 swordfish fillets, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup flour, all purpose
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup white wine, dry
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 1Rinse the fish under cold running water and pat dry with papper towels.
- 2Season the swordfish with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with lemon juice, rub with the mustard and then dust with the flour.
- 3Fry the swordfish im oil for 6 - 7 minutes per side, do not overcook.
- 4Remove fish from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- 5Drain oil from the pan, add the white wine and chicken stock, mix together bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- 6Next add the mustard, blend and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the cream and butter, blend and simmer for 1 minute.
- 8Spoon the sauce over the fish, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesce Spada in Padella Alla Senape
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.2
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 955.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g