1/1 Photo of Pesce Lupo Al Forno (Baked Sea Bass With Sage)
If you never have tried to cook a whole fish, try this easy to make Italian styled fish recipe. It is done is less than 30 minutes and comes out with one of the most wonderful flavours. The sage in here will make it special. I love the delicate flavours of sea bass, but you could use any other whole fish (you just have to adapt baking time). Serve this recipe with a green salad and a lot of bread for dipping up the butter sage sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven (425°F, 220°C).
- 2In a suited oven proved dish melt 1 tablespoon butter in the olive oil.
- 3Cut the lemon into slices.
- 4Clean sea bass and sprinkle some salt into the cavity and also 1 sprig sage.
- 5Coat the fin tail completely with salt. This looks pretty and will avoid the fin tail from burning while baking.
- 6Turn the fish in the butter-olive oil mixture on both sides and put fish into the dish. Slightly salt and pepper the upper side.
- 7Put fish in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 8Take fish out of the oven and turn it over. Arrange the four remaining sage sprigs around and under the fish. Add the lemon slices, but put them more on the border of the dish.
- 9Now cover the upper side with the bread crumbs and press them slightly on the fish, so that they stick better.
- 10Arrange the remaining tablespoon of butter on the breadcrumbs and put the fish again into the oven for another 10 minutes or until fish is done.
- 11Fish is done, when dorsal fin can be removed easily.
- 12Serve very hot with the butter still sizzling.
- 13Note on BREAD CRUMBS: I make them on my own, because for this dish they should be coarse. Take dried white bread and cut it into very thin slices. Then break it into larger bread crumbs.
- 14Note on the oven proved dish: I use an oven proved serving platter for this recipe. So I can serve it right out of the oven. An oven proved pan gives it a more rustic view.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pesce Lupo Al Forno (Baked Sea Bass With Sage)
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1105.3
- Calories from Fat 466
- Total Fat 51.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 339.8 mg
- Sodium 835.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 130.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: