Recipe by Ceezie
This is an easy and delicious tasting recipe. I got this from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 cup dry penne pasta (about 3 oz.)
- 2 (6 ounce) fresh salmon steaks or 2 (6 ounce) tuna steaks or swordfish steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes; drain and set aside. (Pasta will not be tender.)
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of the fish steaks with the Creole seasoning; set aside. (If using a salt-free Creole seasoning, sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt.) In a medium bowl combine the partially cooked pasta, mushrooms, wine, pesto, lemon juice, and capers; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the fish steaks in the hot oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute; turn and cook 1 minute more. Reduce heat to medium. Spoon the pasta mixture around the tuna steaks in the skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, over medium heat for 6 to 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.