Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
An oven-roasted fish dish that adds potatoes to the roasting pan, this recipe is inspired by a recipe from Tuscany. This is from Weight Watchers Simply The Best Italian. I haven't tried it yet, but had the book marked. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs all-pourpose potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pompano sea bass or 1 1⁄4 lbs grouper fillets
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, minced
- 4 sage leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350*F, spray 9X13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with potatoes and onions in alternating rows.
- Place fish on top and sprinkle with rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper, then drizzle with the oil.
- Cover with foil and bake, occasionally basting with pan juices until potatoes are tender and fish is opaque in the center, 50-55 minutes.
- Pour wine over fish and bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer.
- Serve at once.