Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This comes form my Name Brand cookbook. It is a very simple and yummy stew. Serve this with breadsticks.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large red potatoes, cubed
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagelawry's original style spaghetti sauce mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lawry's garlic powder, with parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 lb halibut or 1 lb swordfish steak, rinsed and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot sauté onion and bell pepper in oil until tender. stir in the remaining ingredients except the fish. Bring to a boil; reduce heat cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fish and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.