Recipe by justcallmetoni
On a recent outing in NYC with some friends I met here on Recipezaar, we went out for Peruvian food where I fell in love with this dish. Naturally, looked for a recipe and this one appears close. Have not tried it yet but plan to soon.
- 29.58 ml corn oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (1 cup)
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 680.38 g flounder fillets or 680.38 g cod fish fillets or 680.38 g red snapper fillets or 680.38 g other white fish fillets
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 10 sprig fresh parsley, leaves only, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, paprika and salt and stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Cover the mixture completely with the fish fillets. Add the wine, cover the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, which is just enough time to steam the fish. Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve with lemon slices, accompanied by sliced boiled potatoes, sliced boiled yuca, or hot white rice.