1/5 Photos of Pescado Sudado (Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets)
On a recent outing in NYC with some friends I met here on Recipezaar, we went out for Peruvian food where I fell in love with this dish. Naturally, looked for a recipe and this one appears close. Have not tried it yet but plan to soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 large onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs flounder fillets or 1 1/2 lbs cod fish fillets or 1 1/2 lbs red snapper fillets or 1 1/2 lbs other white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, paprika and salt and stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes.
- 2Cover the mixture completely with the fish fillets. Add the wine, cover the skillet, and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, which is just enough time to steam the fish. Garnish with the parsley.
- 3Serve with lemon slices, accompanied by sliced boiled potatoes, sliced boiled yuca, or hot white rice.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pescado Sudado (Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets)
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 1093.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g