1/4 Photos of Pescado Con Coco (Fish in Coconut Sauce)
This recipe is popular in the Sumana Peninsula of the Dominican Republic. Serve with rice to soak up the sauce. Posted for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 19.71 ml cilantro, chopped (divided)
- 19.71 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped (divided)
- 2.46 ml salt, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 907.18 g haddock (or other firm white fish like cod or halibut)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 295.73 ml tomatoes, chopped (divided)
- 396.89 g can light coconut milk
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedeges
- cooked rice
- 1In a large plastic Ziploc bag, combine 2 tsp of cilantro, 2 tsp of parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, the garlic and lime juice. Add fish fillets, turn to coat and let sit to marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and jalapeno and saute until the veggies are soft (about 7 minutes).
- 3Add 1 cup of the chopped tomato and cook another 3 mintues.
- 4Stir in coconut milk and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add fish fillets (with the marinade) to the skillet in a single layer. Spoon some of the sauce over the fish. Return mixture to a simmer and cook - covered - for about 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- 6Transfer fish and sauce to a platter and top with remaining 1/4 cup tomatoes, 2 tsp cilantro, 2 tsp parsley. Surround with lime wedges. Serve immediately with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pescado Con Coco (Fish in Coconut Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 889.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk