Recipe by pesce_gurl
I made this one just because I got a kick out of the name but it's pretty darned good. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip fish in flour to coat. In large skillet, brown fish in 2 Tbsp oil.
- In 2-qt. oblong baking dish, place browned fish; set aside.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp of oil and onion to skillet; saute onion about 5 minutesor until soft. Add remaining ingredients, except wine. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; add wine and blend well.
- Pour tomato mixture over fish. Bake, uncovered, in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Presentation: Serve each fillet wih sauce; garnish with parsley.