1/1 Photo of Peruvian Style Oven Roasted Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is awesome served with the Aji Verde Sauce......I found a stand that allows you to cook the chicken upright. It is used for making beer can chicken, however I soak wood chips in water for an hour and place them in the center of the stand instead of the beer can. This gives the chicken more of a rotisserie style finish and comes out tasting even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine vinegar, wine, oil with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well and form a paste.
- 2Add lemon juice to cold water.
- 3Clean chicken of any loose fat.
- 4Use the lemon water to wash chicken.
- 5Coat the chicken completely with spice paste, rubbing into every surface. Rub the paste under the skin as much as possible.
- 6Place the chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 7Preheat the oven to 425°F
- 8Tuck the wings under the back, cross the legs, and tie with kitchen twine.
- 9Place the chicken, breast side down, in a roasting pan and roast 35 to 40 minutes, until the back is golden brown.
- 10Flip the chicken over. Cut the string and to open up the legs.
- 11Baste the chicken with the drippings and roast 20 to 25 minutes more, until the whole chicken is golden brown.
- 12Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian Style Oven Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 105.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 26.0 g