Recipe by David04
This is awesome served with the Aji Verde Sauce......I found a stand that allows you to cook the chicken upright. It is used for making beer can chicken, however I soak wood chips in water for an hour and place them in the center of the stand instead of the beer can. This gives the chicken more of a rotisserie style finish and comes out tasting even better.
- 4 lbs whole chickens
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 quart cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, wine, oil with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix well and form a paste.
- Add lemon juice to cold water.
- Clean chicken of any loose fat.
- Use the lemon water to wash chicken.
- Coat the chicken completely with spice paste, rubbing into every surface. Rub the paste under the skin as much as possible.
- Place the chicken in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Tuck the wings under the back, cross the legs, and tie with kitchen twine.
- Place the chicken, breast side down, in a roasting pan and roast 35 to 40 minutes, until the back is golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over. Cut the string and to open up the legs.
- Baste the chicken with the drippings and roast 20 to 25 minutes more, until the whole chicken is golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.