Recipe by Linky
This is a recipe from Rachel Ray - it sounds so yummy and I didn't want to lose it! I am in an area where many varieties of chili peppers are not available, so I will be limited to jalapeno peppers.
Top Review by Susie D
What great chicken! I cut up leg quarters so had a mixture of thighs & drumsticks to marinate and subbed chipotles in adobe for the listed peppers. The smoked paprika & chipoltes added such a nice smoky flavor & the spices are what make this such a great dish. I will definitely be using the recipe again. Made for ZWT7.
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in
- salt and pepper
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 2 red fresno chiles, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon marjoram leaves
- 4 bay leaves, fresh if available
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika, smoked
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- mint leaf, to garnish
- cilantro leaf, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, process chilies, garlic, oregano or marjoram, bay, lime zest and juice, paprika and about 1/4 cup olive oil into a paste. Slather all over the chicken pieces, coating them evenly. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cumin seeds and swirl a few seconds to toast then add chicken pieces and lightly brown, 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over the chicken and add stock. Partially cover and cook 10 minutes more.
- Toss with mint and cilantro, and serve with mashed blue potatoes alongside.