1/1 Photo of Peruvian Red Onion Salad
Chef Duch319's Note:
It's a pretty simple recipe, Quick and easy to prepare, salsa criolla is the perfect accompaniment to many dishes. The lime juice is what makes this onion salsa/relish special. It adds a bright flavor that sweetens the onions and livens up everything else on the plate. Great Summer Dish!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red onions, sliced in very thin half moons
- 2 large English cucumbers, halved and sliced very thin
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin halved
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, sliced into very thin matchsticks (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (or all of them) or 1 tablespoon parsley (or all of them) or 1 tablespoon basil (or all of them)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 21.Soak the onions in salt water for 10 minutes. Drain and let dry.
- 32. Mix onion with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- 43. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian Red Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 589.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g