Recipe by Chef Duch319
It's a pretty simple recipe, Quick and easy to prepare, salsa criolla is the perfect accompaniment to many dishes. The lime juice is what makes this onion salsa/relish special. It adds a bright flavor that sweetens the onions and livens up everything else on the plate. Great Summer Dish!!!
- 2 red onions, sliced in very thin half moons
- 2 large English cucumbers, halved and sliced very thin
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced thin halved
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, sliced into very thin matchsticks (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (or all of them) or 1 tablespoon parsley (or all of them) or 1 tablespoon basil (or all of them)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Soak the onions in salt water for 10 minutes. Drain and let dry.
- 2. Mix onion with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- 3. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.