Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made up this side dish to be hot and spicy so it would be great with fish or chicken or just all by itself! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Put quinoa with chicken broth in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all the broth is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes). Stir occasionally while simmering.
- In a small bowl; mix cream, sriracha, lemon juice, and sundried tomatoes.
- Add tomato mix to cooked quinoa and stir well.
- Stir in lima beans, orange juice, and parmesan cheese.
- Heat on low until cheese melts through (about 5 more minutes) then serve.
Really delicious! Great flavors. I found this recipe last-minute as I was preparing dinner and wanted to have quinoa. The only change I made was I used canned butter beans, and the sun-dried tomatoes were marinated (ingredients I had on hand). This is a very nice combo of flavors, and quick to put together. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for posting a great recipe, Chef Lee!
A classmate of my daughter's made this for "Spanish night" last eve. SO good, I had to get online to find this recipe. Looked just like your picture. We ate at room temp., and still very yummy.