Recipe by Marlitt
This is a refreshing pork dish served with rice. Very easy to put together and lots of nice flavor
Top Review by CJAY
I used cubed pork shoulder to make this so I used the crockpot. I really enjoyed the ginger and lemon taste. I served it on rice with a spinach salad and texas toast. Next time I'll try it with the pork loin. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-South and Central America.
- 2 lbs pork loin (cubed )
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot (grated )
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced )
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped )
- 4 medium jalapenos (chopped )
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel (grated )
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- lemon wedge (for garnish )
- parsley (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork with flour.
- Heat the oil and saute meat with the ginger until pork is nicely browned.
- Add onion, tomatoes, and chiles.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice and stock.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes and stock is reduced to the consistency of gravy.
- Serve with rice or boiled potatoes, garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.