Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a refreshing pork dish served with rice. Very easy to put together and lots of nice flavor
- 2 lbs pork loin (cubed )
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot (grated )
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced )
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped )
- 4 medium jalapenos (chopped )
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel (grated )
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- lemon wedge (for garnish )
- parsley (for garnish)
- Sprinkle pork with flour.
- Heat the oil and saute meat with the ginger until pork is nicely browned.
- Add onion, tomatoes, and chiles.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice and stock.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes and stock is reduced to the consistency of gravy.
- Serve with rice or boiled potatoes, garnished with lemon wedges and parsley.
I used cubed pork shoulder to make this so I used the crockpot. I really enjoyed the ginger and lemon taste. I served it on rice with a spinach salad and texas toast. Next time I'll try it with the pork loin. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-South and Central America.
I made this for a family dinner, trying to do new things with pork loin beyond the classic roasted loin with rosemary. This is about as different from that as I could imagine and still be pork loin. I love the high note of lemon, followed by the strong aroma of ginger, finished off by a pleasant sting of jalepeno. The tomato ties it together to give it an unexpected comfortable arrangement. My brother-in-law, a world traveler, commented, "It's an unexpected blend of flavor, but it is as far from unpleasant as I could imagine." Definately a recipe to make again!
Quick and tasty dish! The pork was very tender, and the dish had a nice lemony flavour. Next time I think I'll add more jalapenos because they didn't really come through in the overall flavour. Thanks Marlitt! Made for ZWT 4.