Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Willy, a Peruvian friend gave me this recipe verbatim. The cheese sauce for this potato dish is one of the better ones that I have tasted. A Peruvian guest of mine practically drank up the whole sauce.
- 10 boiled potatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 1 yellow aji limo chiles or 1 yellow pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 10-12 cream crackers or 10-12 saltine crackers
- 59.14 ml cooking oil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml fresh milk
- 10-15 pitted black olives
- 5 lettuce leaves
- Place boiled eggs, potatoes and onions on a serving dish.
- Blend together in a blender the cream cheese, aji or yellow pepper, garlic, crackers, oil, milk, salt and pepper for 5 minutes until you get a thick mixture.
- It should be just thick enough to cover the potatoes.
- If the cheese sauce is watery, add half a boiled potato to thicken the sauce a little.
- Remove from the blender and pour over the potatoes and eggs.
- Top with black olives and lettuce for decoration.
It tastes just like the one they serve in Peruvian restaurants! Delicious. Although, I do add some turmeric for the color.
Goes well with fried tapioca too.