Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the "Peruvian cebiche mixto" you will find in Peruvian restaurants.
Make and share this Peruvian Mixed Cebiche (Ceviche Mixto) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 fish fillets (flounder or sea bass)
- 12 cooked shrimp (cooled)
- 1 red aji limo chile (red peruvian peppers can be found at south american stores, with or without veins depending on how s)
- 1 yellow aji limo chile (remove veins)
- 1 1⁄2 cups lime juice (do not squeeze limes fully to avoid bitterness, squeeze about halfway)
- 1 cooked sweet potato (optional)
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro (leaves only)
- 1⁄2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- sea salt
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup white corn kernels (previously boiled and cooled, this better known as giant white cusco corn, also optional)
- The night before or a few hours before boil shrimp, sweet potato and corn on separate containers. Refrigerate.
- If you cannot find aji limo chilies then habanero peppers will do fine.
- You can add an assortment of cooked seafood on this recipe, this is a shrimp and fish ceviche.
- Cut fish filets into small cubes.
- Use the tip of the aji chili to rub the bottom of the glass or plastic bowl you wil be using.
- Thinly dice aji chili.
- In glass bowl, add fish, 6 ice cubes, and lime juice. Salt to taste. Stir.
- Let fish cook in lemon juice for about 15 minutes and remove ice cubes,.
- Add aji peppers to taste, add shrimp, stir.
- Chop up cilantro leaves and incorporate, stir.
- Add sliced red onions, refrigerate for about 15 more minutes.
- Serve accompanied with corn and sweet potato. (optional).
Wow this is the best cebiche I have ever tried, I ended up using habaneros for a little bit of spice I also added octopus and calamari like your picture. Thanks.