1/3 Photos of Peruvian Mixed Cebiche (Ceviche Mixto)
This is the "Peruvian cebiche mixto" you will find in Peruvian restaurants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 fish fillets (flounder or sea bass)
- 12 cooked shrimp (cooled)
- 1 red aji limo chile (red peruvian peppers can be found at south american stores, with or without veins depending on how s)
- 1 yellow aji limo chile (remove veins)
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice (do not squeeze limes fully to avoid bitterness, squeeze about halfway)
- 1 cooked sweet potato (optional)
- 1/4 bunch cilantro (leaves only)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- sea salt
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup white corn kernels (previously boiled and cooled, this better known as giant white cusco corn, also optional)
- 1The night before or a few hours before boil shrimp, sweet potato and corn on separate containers. Refrigerate.
- 2If you cannot find aji limo chilies then habanero peppers will do fine.
- 3You can add an assortment of cooked seafood on this recipe, this is a shrimp and fish ceviche.
- 4Cut fish filets into small cubes.
- 5Use the tip of the aji chili to rub the bottom of the glass or plastic bowl you wil be using.
- 6Thinly dice aji chili.
- 7In glass bowl, add fish, 6 ice cubes, and lime juice. Salt to taste. Stir.
- 8Let fish cook in lemon juice for about 15 minutes and remove ice cubes,.
- 9Add aji peppers to taste, add shrimp, stir.
- 10Chop up cilantro leaves and incorporate, stir.
- 11Add sliced red onions, refrigerate for about 15 more minutes.
- 12Serve accompanied with corn and sweet potato. (optional).
Browse Our Top Peruvian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian Mixed Cebiche (Ceviche Mixto)
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 271.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red aji limo chiles
yellow aji limo chiles