Recipe by Debi
A deliciously lemony and garlicky recipe from Food & Wine magazine. Serve with an avocado and red onion salad. Note - prep time does not include 1/2 to 4 hour marinating time
Top Review by GrItalishian
Very tasty. I used this marinade on thinly sliced chicken breasts and even the fussy eaters in my house enjoyed it. It also gave my veggie sides an extra special something. I'm actually going to try it on a roast to see how it works out. If all goes well this will be our general 'works for everything' marinade. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 8 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk all marinade ingrediants together in a bowl.
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 4 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Chicken is easiest grilled if you brush vegetable oil liberally on the grill first so it doesn't stick.
- Grill, with lid down for 7 to 7 1/2 minutes per side.