1/1 Photo of Peruvian Cream of Chicken Soup
Danica Paz's Note:
Thick with cream, chicken, and vegetables, this colorful soup is perfect for those blustery days when you just want to curl up in front of the fireplace. (Aji Panca is a type of chile pepper that is commonly grown in Peru, and frequently used in Pervian cuisine. It is dark red, mild pepper with a smokey, fruity taste. It's often sold dried, or prepared into a paste. You can find the dried peppers and jarred paste in Latin & Asian grocery stores.)
My Private Note
Dutch O ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups milk
- 21 1/2 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
- 11 ounces canned corn, with peppers & black beans, drained
- 14 1/2 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 8 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons aji panca chilies (in pepper paste)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, fresh & snipped (or parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- fresh cilantro (optional) or parsley (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan or dutch oven cook ground chicken or turkey, onion, and garlic until chicken or turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender but not brown.
- 2Drain fat from pan.
- 3Stir in milk, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, corn, tomatoes, chili peppers, aji panca, cilantro or parsley, and ground red pepper.
- 4Bring to boiling.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add cheese; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- 7Garnish each serving with additional cilantro or parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian Cream of Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 1079.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes
aji panca chilies