Recipe by Sackville
An all-in-one dish to tempt your tastebuds. The originaly recipe calls for frying the chicken, to give it a golden skin, but you could also try crisping it in the oven, to cut the fat.
Top Review by Donna
Delicious!! I made this for my visiting parents, and I used a habanero from my garden, this was so good it was spicy but not over the top, I used a very dark hoppy beer, cuz thats what my husband drinks so it's all I had and it was just fantastic! This is one of my new favorite dishes, thanks so much!! I LOVE this!
- 8 pieces chicken
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 hot pepper, chopped (jalapeno or similar)
- 1 cup cilantro, blended
- 2 red peppers (1 chopped and the other in strips to decorate)
- 3 cups rice
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and shallow fry in oil until golden.
- Remove chicken.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic, onion, the chopped hot pepper and cilantro.
- Return chicken pieces to pan, add beer and continue cooking until chicken is tender.
- Remove pieces, keep them warm.
- Add rice, peas, corn and peppers.
- Pour water and cook at medium heat for 20 minutes more or until rice is done.
- Serve rice with chicken pieces and garnish with pepper strips.