1/3 Photos of Peruvian Chicken Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
A truly delcious soup that we accompany with hot crusty bread. Also, in order to reduce the cooking time, you should cut your potatoes and chicken into smaller pieces. However, I wanted to leave the recipe in its original form as it was given to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, & cut in half
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon serrano chili, seeded & minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- 3Stir in the onion, garlic, and serrano chili; cook until the onion has softened, about 1 minute.
- 4Add the chicken, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the cilantro, peas, corn, and red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- 6Pour in the chicken broth, potatoes, and rice.
- 7Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is opaque and the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 1008.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 23.4 g