From Better Homes and Gardens. Posted for ZWT7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken thigh, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, packed tightly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon peel, finely shredded (set aside)
- 1Place flour, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in a plastic bag. Mix well. Add chicken. Seal and shake to coat.
- 2In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven cook chicken mixture, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until browned.
- 3Add undrained tomatoes, broth, potato, corn, and quinoa. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and quinoa are tender.
- 4Stir in spinach and lemon juice and cook just until spinach is wilted. Garnish each serving with shredded lemon peel.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian Chicken Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 302.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 20.9 g