Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens. Posted for ZWT7.
- 1 lb chicken thigh, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, packed tightly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon peel, finely shredded (set aside)
- Place flour, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in a plastic bag. Mix well. Add chicken. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven cook chicken mixture, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until browned.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth, potato, corn, and quinoa. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and quinoa are tender.
- Stir in spinach and lemon juice and cook just until spinach is wilted. Garnish each serving with shredded lemon peel.