Recipe by Chef jaggerbowie#897273
this is one of the most emblematic dishes in peru, we love to eat ceviche during summer with a glass of pisco sour on the beach time is aprox recipe source yanuq.com http://www.yanuq.com/english/recipe.asp?idreceta=425
- 2 1⁄4 lbs sole fillets or 2 1⁄4 lbs any tender white fish
- 8 to 10 key limes, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 5 finely chopped fresh chili peppers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 -5 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 leaves lettuce
- 3 yellow sweet potatoes
- maiz corn
- 1 fresh chili pepper, cut in thin slices for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sliced corn with a few anise seeds.
- Boil sweet potatoes, peel and cut into slices 1 inch (2 cm) thick.
- Wash fish with water and salt. Cut in squares 1/2 inch thick.
- Slice onion thinly; add salt.
- Cut chili in halves, seeded and deveined.
- Place fish on serving dish and season with crushed garlic and salt. Add finely chopped chili, key lime juice, pepper and chopped cilantro. Let set for 10 minutes (taste juice to check hotness). Place onions over fish.
- Decorate the platter with the slices of corn (corn cut in 8 slices), chili, sweet potato and leaves of lettuce.