Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
This beautiful salad is loaded with colourful vegetables and beans. It's an ideal dish to bring to a pot luck or buffet as it can sit for hours and it's flavour only improves. I love the addition of the avocado. It makes it unlike other bean salads I've tried. From Chatelaine and posted for ZWT 7
Top Review by Belgophile
I made this as a side dish to Recipe #484420, knowing a vegetarian guest would be joining our small dinner party; I wanted something "big" enough to substitute as her main. Vegetarian or not, everyone loved this, and two people asked for the recipe. Thank you, Dreamer, for sharing this. So quick and simple, and so full of taste. (I didn't know about -- or couldn't find -- a can of "Mixed Beans" that the recipe calls for. Instead, I used 1 can of black beans, I can of red kidney beans, and 1 can of garbanzo. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 19 ounces chickpeas
- 19 ounces black beans
- 19 ounces mixed beans
- 1 yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir garlic with honey-Dijon mustard, jalapenos, salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Whisk in oil.
- Drain and rinse beans, then place in a large bowl.
- Add pepper, avocado, tomatoes and parsley.
- Stir in dressing. (If making ahead, don't add avocado, tomatoes and parsley until just before serving.).
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.