Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the bright green spicy sauce served in Peruvian restaurants that is delicious as a bread dip but can be used on meats or fish.
- 2 heads washed romaine lettuce
- 2 bunches of fresh washed fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
- 5 fresh jalapenos or 5 serrano chilies
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup vegetables
- 1⁄3 of an onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Chop everything up as needed to fit into a blender.
- Remove the thick stems from the Cilantro and Parsley bunches. Cut the hard stem/hearts out of the romaine lettuce.
- Combine ingredients in the blender and blend thoroughly until smooth. Add small amounts of water if it sticks and gets too thick to blend. It will be a bright teal to sea green in color when complete.
- Spread it on any kind of bread either by itself, or on top of butter, margarine or hydrolyzed vegetable oil spreads. It is very tasty and really wakes up bread or can be used as a dip with chips.
- Store up to a week in the refrigerator. This stuff is awesome but very perishable, so I would use it within 5 days.