Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Classic Peruvian green sauce for chips. Can be as mild or spicy as you want. Not salsa in the typical latin restaurant sense of the word, just a unique savory and tangy sauce for dipping. Refrigerate and keep for weeks!
Top Review by Akikobay
Great. We used all the jalapenos, but cut the garlic clove in half. No mayo for us, just the oil and a bit of lime juice. We seeded and deveined the pepper, but it was not overwhelmingly spicy. Thank you for posting.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped including stems
- 3 jalapenos (this will be very hot, remove seeds or use less to taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup water
- splash lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Use peppers, garlic, and salt to taste. Experiment as necessary, you can't go wrong. (For mild version, use 1/4 to 1/2 jalepeno pepper and remove seeds).
- I recommend allowing to refrigerate a bit before serving to set and let flavors mix.
- Serve with bread or chips.