Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Classic Peruvian green sauce for chips. Can be as mild or spicy as you want. Not salsa in the typical latin restaurant sense of the word, just a unique savory and tangy sauce for dipping. Refrigerate and keep for weeks!
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped including stems
- 3 jalapenos (this will be very hot, remove seeds or use less to taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup water
- splash lemon juice
- Add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Use peppers, garlic, and salt to taste. Experiment as necessary, you can't go wrong. (For mild version, use 1/4 to 1/2 jalepeno pepper and remove seeds).
- I recommend allowing to refrigerate a bit before serving to set and let flavors mix.
- Serve with bread or chips.
Great. We used all the jalapenos, but cut the garlic clove in half. No mayo for us, just the oil and a bit of lime juice. We seeded and deveined the pepper, but it was not overwhelmingly spicy. Thank you for posting.
3 jalapenos!!? I used ONE, and I was overwhelmed in heat!! This has a good flavor... but seriously I don't see how anyone could ever use 3 jalapenos... unless they were TINY, and ALL the seeds were removed. Also I used Lime juice rather than lemon.