1/2 Photos of Personilized Pasta With Roasted Veggies and Shrimp
I wanted to have a "nice", romantic dinner with my DH and came up with this. It's handy because you can use your choice of veggies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or 8 fresh peeled and seeded)
- 6 slices bacon (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 medium onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 -3 cups chunky vegetables (see below)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 2In a deep dish fry pan sautee bacon, onion and garlic over med-high heat until onion is soft and bacon is cooked but not too crispy.
- 3Add can of tomatoes, oregano, parsley and basil.
- 4Bring mixture to light boil and turn down to simmer DO NOT COVER, let it render down to make a thick sauce (about 20 min). Cover and keep hot.
- 5Cook noodles so they are el dente. Rinse and drain.
- 7Place veggies ( I used purple onion cut into eighths(held together with toothpick), whole baby carrots, celery cut on the bias, red pepper 2x2" squares, rounds of zucchini and broccoli flowerets) on a broiler pan in a single layer.
- 8In blender put oil, vinegar and roasted garlic and puree until garlic is well blended into oil and vinegar.
- 9Brush top side of veggies with oil mixture.
- 10Broil veggies until they just start to blacken, about 5 minute.
- 11Take out veggies and turn them over and brush uncooked side with oil mixture.
- 12Return to broiler for another 5 min or until they start to blacken.
- 13Cook and peel shrimp if using. Add to tomato sauce just before serving.
- 15Place 1/2 noodles in pasta bowl/plate.
- 16Put 1/2 of sauce over pasta
- 17Put 1/2 of veggies on top of sauce.
- 18Garnish with parmesean and feta cheese if desired. (The feta adds a real nice flavor to your sauce).
- 19Repeat with second plate/bowl.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Personilized Pasta With Roasted Veggies and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (1755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1865.9
- Calories from Fat 803
- Total Fat 89.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 1444.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 222.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: