Recipe by LDSMom128
I found this in a small cookbook given to me years ago and after I made it I realized that it resembled a mini pizza. This was a great way for me to use up some leftover chicken and it tasted great with the added flavorings. This is great for an after school snack for the kids, or if you add more side dishes, can also be a great family meal. It is also so easy and can be versatile using different meats and seasonings. When I made these I used large potato style hamburger buns and they were perfect size for every one. If using smaller sized buns, then use two per serving. If you want a traditional pizza, just add pizza sauce and mozzerella cheese. The hamburger buns make an awesome crust.
- 4 large potato style hamburger buns
- 1 cup cooked chicken, Shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (Optional if you like some heat)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup colby or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the mayo and ketchup and mix well. Add the seasonings, stirring well to incorperate.
- Split the hamburger buns in half and lay them on a large baking sheet. Using a large spoon, spread the mayo mixture onto each hamburger bun half, using a good amount. Add some shredded chicken and sprinkle the shredded cheese onto each one.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes and the cheese is melted and the buns are toasted.