Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Real Simple November 2001 This tea is a traditional Korean digestif
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb fresh ginger, scrubbed and cut ino 1/2-inch slices
- 12 ounces dried persimmons
- 1⁄4 lb pine nuts
- In a large saucepan, combine 10 cups of water, the sugar, and ginger and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat, and add the persimmons.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to steep.
- Strain into a decanter.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days ahead.
- Serve chilled in teacups garnished with pine nuts.