Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice pleasantly different tasting cookies. The kids as well as the adults will love them!
Make and share this Persimmon - Raisin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour, spices and salt-add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Combine persimmon pulp and baking soda; stir well and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Usually yields about 3 dozen.
IMPORTANT: When I baked the cookies at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes, the bottoms browned and the center was raw. I found that 300 degrees F for 25 minutes was best. They don't spread, so you can pack more of them on a cookie sheet to make up for the extended baking time. The acidity of the pecans masked the persimmon flavor. I would make these with the raisins, but leave out the nuts.