Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice pleasantly different tasting cookies. The kids as well as the adults will love them!
Make and share this Persimmon - Raisin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine flour, spices and salt-add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Combine persimmon pulp and baking soda; stir well and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Usually yields about 3 dozen.
IMPORTANT: When I baked the cookies at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes, the bottoms browned and the center was raw. I found that 300 degrees F for 25 minutes was best. They don't spread, so you can pack more of them on a cookie sheet to make up for the extended baking time. The acidity of the pecans masked the persimmon flavor. I would make these with the raisins, but leave out the nuts.