Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, covered airtight, once it is completely cooled. The cooling time is at least 1 hour. This is delicious served with persimmon ice cream if you can find it.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup frozen persimmon pulp, thawed (Persimmon pulp can also be found canned in most grocery stores in the baking areas.)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Put a rack in the center of the oven; preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Grease four 6-ounce-capacity individual souffle dishes.
- Set them aside with a shallow baking pan large enough to hold them.
- Bring a kettle of water to boil.
- Put the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Stir well.
- Put the persimmon pulp, egg, egg yolks, cream and milk in a 1-qt bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and flowing.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared dishes.
- Top with the pecans, dividing them equally.
- Place the dishes in the baking pan.
- Balance the pan on the edge of the oven rack and carefully pour the boiling water into the pan to reach halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Gently slide the pan into the center of the oven.
- Bake until the pudding has risen and cracked slightly on the surface, about 40 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted in the center will come out moist but not wet.
- The pudding should not be firm.
- Use a spatula to transfer the dishes from the water to a wire rack for at least an hour before serving.
- Slightly sweetened cinnamon-flavored whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving.
i have a question how do you get the pulp???? i've made one and i can tell u it was a pain getting the pulp. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this that is easier than the way i did it. lol It took me forever!!!! thanks sweethonesty24