Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of those treats I've missed in life until now are Fuyu Persimmons. There are 2 main types of persimmon, these and the Hachiya variety, which must be ripened until they are mush, and then work well in baking. The Fuyu can be simply washed, sliced and eaten. They are very sweet, almost candy-like. This recipe allows them to be paired with the tartness of the pomegranate seeds, and with a simple honey lemon dressing that does double duty if you want to use this as a fruit salad. Just skip the greens and add chopped pears, apples or Asian pears.
- 3 fuyu persimmons
- 1 (3 ounce) package pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves or 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup mixed sprouts
- 4 ounces chopped nuts
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all ingredients, serve chilled.